Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blessed Beyond Belief

Today was Thanksgiving and I got to come home to spend time with my wonderful, goofball of a family. We shared many laughs, had a del-i-o-cious dinner,  played Bocce Ball until it was too dark to see, and ended with putting ornaments on the Christmas tree. Now, as I sit here with my parents watching The Blind Side, I look around and smile comes across my face: I am blessed beyond belief. 

My mom, who is my very best friend, has raised me to enjoy life and use my imagination. She has taught me to be myself, laugh often, and love the little things. I am a mini-version of her - well, actually, I am a taller, younger version of her (ha)- not mini. I'm glad we share the same sense of humor, one that no one will ever understand. My mom is full of life and I hope, some day, I will be an amazing wife and mother  just like her.

My dad, who is my other very best friend, always has advice and is always helping me out. Whether it's a text telling me that he left "leaf's" in the driveway so I could hear them when I came home for the Holiday (which is one of my favorite things ever to hear). Or being sneaky and filling up my gas tank. He has never let me down, and I know he never will. I hope to find a man (which I think I have) that will be a remarkable husband and father, just like him.

My brother, who is two years older than me, is a huge influence. He got married this past summer to a beautiful girl that is perfect for him and fits right in with our crazy family. I couldn't be happier for the two of them. D has always been there for me and I think our brother-sister relationship is pretty special.  Though we don't get to talk too often, I feel like we never miss a beat.  While we are very different, we are very much alike, and I am more than thankful for my "big bro".

Just happy to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment