Thursday, August 16, 2012

HE will direct your paths

Here is a craft I did about a month ago. It's a beaded path from mine and my boyfriend's home town to where we met, in Fayetteville, at the University of Arkansas. (He's a keeper.) The whole thing cost me about $2 because I had most of the supplies already.


How to: First I cut my piece of plywood to be 10 x 10 inches and painted it blue with acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby. While it was drying I cut the state of Arkansas out of an old atlas leaving a small border. I placed it on a piece of red scrapbook paper and cut a bigger Arkansas to use as a border and cut hearts for the towns. Next, I strung beads to be "paths" and followed the route to Fayetteville. (Since our hometowns are pretty close, we had part of the same path. But I did two paths: one blue and one green). Once I figured out my layout, I used mod podge to glue everything down and put a layer on top. I printed the the Proverbs verse on resume paper because it was off-white. I burned the edges with a lighter (which was fun to watch) to add some character and glued it to a piece of foam to give it some depth.
Now it's in my living room and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment