Sunday, March 24, 2013

"H"appy Home

Happy doors make me happy. So I guess it'll help when I get home every day. 


I bought the wood letter from Hobby Lobby which was $12.99 (I think) but used the 40% off coupon and got it for $8 something. Not too shabby. Now, with this letter, I sat and sat and thought and thought. At first, I wanted to paint a herringbone print, but that would have taken me hours. Then I wanted to something crazy like paint a bunch of different colored flowers, but I'm not really an artist. Then I wanted to do this and this and what-not. Finally, I wanted to do something simple, shocking as that never happens.

The pink is Pearle Holly Berry by Martha Stewart. I loveee her pearle paint line! It's not so shiney and cheap-looking I guess, they're just pretty shades with a slight pearly shine. As for the side of the H I used Daffodil Yellow acrylic paint. I did a couple coats, let it dry, hot glued some fake daisies, and hung it with twine. :)

Total time: 20 minutes

A couple months ago my friend, Allie, wanted to do something crafty with a bunch of sea shells. She's from Charleston and loves anything nautical. So she bought the letter A (same from above) and I helped her cover it with all of her sea shells! Turned out cute and even cuter in her room!


No comments:

Post a Comment