Saturday, January 5, 2013

Flannel

"Oh, Brother" - the words of my boyfriend when I told him I got a sewing machine for Christmas.

...Get it? (Brother is the brand) Haha. Anyway, I love my new machine! It's a simple one which is perfect for me. Since I was home on Christmas break, I thought I would make some pajama pants (with the help of my mom of course). I got to use her nice sewing room and all her goods. :) We started with a pattern that was only 2 parts - each leg was one piece of fabric that you sew together at the crotch. But, me being me, I wanted pockets! So my mom really helped me on that part. We ended up taking the pocket pattern from a pair of scrubs and cutting our original pattern in half (so there were 2 pieces of fabric per leg = 4 total) . 


After some math, pinning, sewing, ironing, more pinning and sewing, and elastic I was done.


And I decided to make a matching pair (pockets and all) for my oh-so-loving boyfriend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment