Sunday, December 2, 2012

Winter Thoughts

Soooo since I'm a teacher, I needed to come up with a "winter bulletin board" theme/saying. I've Googled and Googled and spent hours searching Pinterest and blogs. All I was seeing was "It's 'snow' secret..." or "There's 'snow' way...", which are all cute and fun. But I needed something a little, let's say, older, since I am a secondary teacher.  Anyway, after hours of looking, I gave up. Then one day (not even remotely thinking about my bulletin board) I came across a list of Christmas card ideas when - BOOM - I saw "Ice Ice Baby." I instantly sang the song and thought of a layout for it. I knew I would somehow use it as my winter saying. Yes, it is very cheesy, but it reflects a little more of my own personality...

Just start a singin'.



Now, here I went again with the canvases. I just used my paint pen and went to town. When I do these, I go to a font site first (usually dafont.com) and I search for a font that I like. Once I find one, I type in my words, draw on my canvas with a pencil, then go over with the pen. Fortunately, (and I have no idea how) I was blessed with a very steady hand. When it comes to tracing a straight line, it's not a problem. Wish everything was that easy for me (ha). Oh, and the snowflakes were another Dollar Tree purchase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment